Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Texas

if some one has already been sentenced 45 year without parole , but did not have afair trial and was denied care of doctor due to head injury can it be appealed andget change of venue

Asked on 2/06/10, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

So long as you are within 30 days (with some exceptions) from the date of sentencing in open court you can file notice of appeal in the case.

Whether the trial was a "fair trial" will be determined by the appellate court.

You should consult with an attorney immediately!

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 2/12/10, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Texas