Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

sale of deceased father's car

I am selling my deceased father's car for my mother. The title has only his name on it. She inherited all his property in his legal will. Can she sign the title over to a new owner?

Asked on 1/13/08, 5:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: sale of deceased father's car

She can't sign a title that doesn't have her name on it. You will have to get an affidavit of heirship from the DMV. You should be able to download it from their website. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/08, 7:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas