Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

served papers

I was just issued civil court papers notifying me I was being sued. I have 10 days to reply. I am able to pay the debt now and want to. What should I expect when I go to court?

Asked on 6/14/07, 12:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: served papers

Call the attorney now and tell him/her what you can pay. It might be good enough. Make sure he agrees to give you an extension of time to answer and will not take a default judgment against you. Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 6/14/07, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas