Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I need advice on getting an assault charge dropped. I filed against my husband, but have tried to get assistant DA to drop it. He will get an attorney, and I will work with his attorney and I will not co-operate with the DA. I am not sure of my statement I made to officer so they should not have a case.?

Asked on 7/08/12, 10:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, there may be a few options available. There are some questions which would require answers to prior to being able to provide you with some sort of direction. First, if the allegations of assault are not true why where the allegations made? Second, what was the basis for the allegations of assault? Third, which court is hearing your husband's assault case? Fourth, who is the ADA handling the prosecution of your husband's assault case? Fifth, what specifically has the ADA stated to you regarding this case? These are just some of the questions which require answers to prior to responding to your inquiry. You may always visit the firm's website at or contact the firm directly at 281-994-4034 for more information.

The above response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an on-going duty to respond to questions. Additionally, the response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/12, 5:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas