Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

If My friend was legitimatly using my vehicle with my permission, and was pulled over for failure to stop at stop sign (supposedly),then had the vehicle searched by police, with out consent,( K-9 unit). Finding and then arresting and charging them with P.O.C.S. less than 1 gram of Methampthetamine. But the Drugs found were actually My Lost and forgotten under the seat but I was not with him at the time and now thet are facing the charges( with one previous of the same) What can i do to help? Ideally I would like to see if I can step in and admit to ownership of the found drugs and accept all legal reprocussions of this event therby admitting my guilt in order to hopefully clear his name from,any and all legal ties to what is my ultimatly my mistake.( note that he did not receive a ticket for the stop sign violation which was reason for stop)also, I have no previous...Please any Ideas or possible suggestions on what can be done,I feel terrible guilt inside not knowing what to do,but wanting to own up to this as i feel it should be my name on all this,and to see them face these huge life changing charges,please if anyone has answers or suggestions of what I can Possibly do, I am truley desperate to make this right for them !!!

Asked on 7/27/13, 8:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can work with your friend's lawyer, providing information about the situation. If your friend is on bond (and has not been using), then an immediate blood test could help. Also, the State will have a hard time proving your friend guilty if it was your car and the drugs were hidden from view and there was no odor. They must prove your friend knew the drugs were there.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas