Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My husband is in lew sterret for violation of parole....he jas a family violence charge and a possession charge of less than 2 grams....he's been in there for almost a month...and his court date is 30 days from now....he spoke with the parole board anx they inform him that they will see what they will do after h is court date....he will be off of parole next July...should I get a lawyer...or will a court appointed lawyer do the job? Because he hasn't had a court appointed lawyer assign to him yet

Asked on 6/27/13, 4:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If he is indigent, a lawyer will be appointed. If he is not indigent, a lawyer will not be appointed. If you want a lawyer to represent him at the parole hearing, he will need to hire one.

If he gets convicted of the new felony (PCS) and / or the family violence charge, there is a great possibility that his parole will be revoked - especially because it is highly unlikely that he would receive probation on either of the new charges.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas