Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I am currently on probation for misdemeanor theft. Ive about five months left to report and 18 hours of community service. I work for a convience store that sells alcohol. Its an honest place ran by a honest muslim family. Its in a fair decent part of town. Well I am 45 years old. I was included in a sting operation a couple of weeks ago. The boy showed me his id presented himself to be old enough to drink, The p0lice officer said I said its 92 right meaning the cut off date isn't that the same as asking if he is twenty one and its my understanding that all you have to do is ask some one there age any kind of proof we request is on our own responsibility. I was very flustered and my cheat calendar sheet had removed that day coincidentally. Well because of my priors I went to jail and I was bonded out by a bond company in the area. I called my probation office and reported my offense, I plan on hiring an attorney and pleading not guilty, however the probationer turned in wat I reported and she did stop by to check on me. I told I had to take a leave of absence from work the stress on my self and the owner was enormous. Can and will they violate can a lawyer keep that from happening also if I am found not guilty can there be sufficient reason to file a civil suite against the city on my be half and the other cashiers that have been terrorized by these sabotages as they are unsuspected.

Asked on 9/28/13, 11:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You will probably get a motion to revoke your probation filed because you have a new law violation. Your mistake about the kid's age is not a defense to prosecution. You do not have a civil lawsuit - you committed the crime.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas