Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

my son was arrested for a poss cs pg 3 <28g it is his first offense what if we work out a plea with the da what can we expect

Asked on 10/01/11, 8:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

He needs a lawyer. Any time there is a drug case it must be carefully looked at to see if there are any potential search issues which could result in the suppression of the evidence.

Assuming there are not search issues, he can probably get probation but he needs to be prepared to comply with all the terms or face revocation and imprisonment. If he has a drug problem, after consulting with the lawyer, get him help so he doesn't violate.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/11, 9:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas