Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Statuate of Limitions on Child Molestation?

My daughter was molested by a family friend 8 years ago, I only found out about it this week. Can I as her mother file charges now? The victim is now 23, her father knew about it, and didn't tell me or do anything aobut it. We still have small children under his care, that on occasion see the other man. Can I as the mother file charges at this late date?

Asked on 9/06/04, 10:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nile Copeland Copeland Law Group, PLLC

Re: Statuate of Limitions on Child Molestation?

You can file a report and they can begin a investigation. You can also file a civil action but you should speak with a local attorney about doing so.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/04, 5:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas