Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Texas

i am about to turn 17 in 7 more weeks but i can no longer get along with my mother. what can i do to leave the house in to my aunts house. with out her consent

Asked on 11/04/12, 10:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You must hire a lawyer to file with a judge to emancipate you. Otherwise, you mother can report you as a runaway and have you brought home. In addition, if your aunt knows that you are at her house without permission, she can be prosecuted for harboring a runaway.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Texas