Legal Question in DUI Law in Texas

i am 18 and i was in a DUI crash. nobody got hurt it was just trees that i crashed into. i had only had 2 or 3 beers. i was speeding and did not see that the road ended and it was a 3 way. there was not a stop sign or a large double arrow sign warning me about that intersection. can i sue he county for not having a warning sign?

it was in Austin, Texas

Asked on 10/23/12, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Mitchell Law Office of William Mitchell

You would have a hard time finding a civil lawyer who would agree to accept this case even if you had a Negligence claim for the lack of signage. There has to be sufficient "damages" and since no one was injured, they just aren't there. No civil lawyer I know would take this case. However, as a minor, you should consult an attorney regarding the DUI or DWI charge you may be facing. You have potential driver's license eligibility issues, not to mention the impact on your criminal history. Feel free to give me a call if you would like a free consultation and check out

Read more
Answered on 10/23/12, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Texas