Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am on child support an the attorney general is taking me back to court for violation of probation for them because I haven't been able to keep up with my child support I went to court and they told me if I spoke to them I would possibly get locked up because of the violation so I said I need time to get a lawyer so I got a reset. I don't want to spend money on an attorney if I can just give it to child support for a payment. I am finally getting back on my feet and trying my best. What should I do? Should I go to court alone with a money order for them or use the money for an attorney?

Asked on 8/14/13, 10:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If it were me, I would forego the lawyer and do my best to work with the lawyer for the AG to work out paying. When you talk with the AG lawyer, be sure to tell them this is what you were doing. Be prepared to prove where every cent you have received has gone. You cannot spend $.01 on any luxury or fun until you catch up.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 4:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas