Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

divorcing an illegal immigrant but she threatens to take my child back to mexico

Asked on 10/13/11, 8:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Tackett Lawrence D. Tackett, PLLC

If you believe that your spouse is serious about taking your child to Mexico without your permission, it is imperative that you immediately file for divorce, with a request for an emergency hearing, for the purpose of having the Court order your spouse to turn over her passport and the passport of the child to the Court. You would also ask for a temporary injunction against your spouse removing the child from the jurisdiction of the Court (State of Texas) until further order of the Court.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/11, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas