Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am haveing trouble getting my children's father to pay for the things our kids need and i cant seem to come to an agreement of who gets the kids and when, so i want to know how I go about fileing for childsupport and a visitation agreement on paper?

Asked on 9/27/13, 12:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

You need to meet with a family law attorney in person and discuss your problems and concerns.

Some attorneys offer a free consultation. One attorney that I know of is PATRICIA BUSHMAN at 713-8807-9405. I rent space in her office.

You can look on this website & on for an attorney. In the Houston area, where you probably live based on your zip code, there are lots of attorneys. You can look around and find one that you like. Prices can vary quite a bit.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 12:13 pm
Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, you will need to file the appropriate pleading with the Court having jurisdiction over the matter. There are some items which will require answers to ensure that you may possibly obtain what result you seek. Some of the items which require answers are: (i) which county do the children live in; (ii) have you and the children's father every been married; (iii) how old are the children; and (iv) what are the specific problems with the visitation? Additionally, you should consider consulting with a law firm to assist you with protecting your interest and rights. We are available to consult with you by calling 281-994-4034 and scheduling a consultation.

The above response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an on-going duty to respond to questions. Additionally, the response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas