Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My husband got another woman pregnant, what are my legal rights/if any to the child and what are the best ways to obtain them? What about resources to learn more about this subject? He wants custody of her, what are the best ways to go about that?

Asked on 3/07/17, 12:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You have no rights to the child.

Conceivably, the biological mother could relinquish her parental rights, and then you could adopt the child.

As far as your husband getting custody: he would file a suit for voluntary paternity and ask the Court to give him custody.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/17, 11:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas