Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have physical custody of our 11 year old. My ex has visitation every other weekend. He refuses to communicate with me via text, phone or email. She just had surgery and I need to make sure he is aware of post op instructions. Since he wont communicate with me, can I withhold her from visiting him this weekend? What should I do?

Asked on 7/28/15, 12:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

No, you cannot withhold possession, as that would be in violation of the court order. Although he is not responding or acknowledging your messages, he may be reading them. Consider sending him a complete list of explanations and instructions via email and text message. Then include the written form with the child for the weekend. If this is an ongoing problem, consider contacting a mediator to resolve communication. Our Family Wizard has been helpful in situations like this.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/15, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas