Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Texas Readoption

I am looking into ''re-adoption'' of a

child that we adopted in Dec 2006

from Russia. I have checked with

several attorneys in the matter &

found that they charge a range of

$800-1500 for this service.


I also recognize that the state's

charge is only $250 for this

registration. Is it possible to submit

an application for order

recognizing validity of foreign decree

of adoption by representing

one's self, or do you have to hire an

attorney? Any information in

this matter is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Asked on 8/03/07, 9:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Texas Readoption

You don't have to hire an attorney if you know how to do it. Just like you don't have to hire a mechanic if you know how to work on your car. But, what you're asking for is more difficult than an oil change.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/07, 10:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas