Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I'm tring to get a divorce and we have kids but nither one of us have custody of the children. How do I file a divorce with children or with out since we dnt have custody of the children.

Asked on 9/04/13, 7:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

There are children of the marriage so they have to be mentioned in the divorce. You have to tell the judge who has custody of these kids and/or what happened to these kids.

If they are over the age of 18, then you just say all children are over the age of 18.

You can look at my website - and there is a link to my blog. On my blog lists the free Texas websites that has samples of Texas approved FREE divorce forms that judges tend to like.

Please don't buy a do-it-yourself kit sold by an out-of-state company -- judges do not like these kits and rarely approve them. Don't waste your time or money on these worthless kits!

They don't comply with Texas language or form.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 9:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas