Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

I am locked in a battle with my Ex-wife regarding unpaid medical bills. I've paid them in full, and she owes me half (according to our decree). I'm having difficulty getting her to do anything. The family court process if REALLY expensive. Can I take her to small claims court on this, though it is a family law issue? If so, where would I have to file the claim? I live in Texas, she currently lives in Utah.

Asked on 2/19/13, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

I think we need to know WHOSE medical bills they are, and when they were incurred. Are they for you? For her? For children?

No, you can't litigate this through small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/13, 2:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas