Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Texas

I am 19, my boyfriend is 17. We live in different cities in Texas. He wants to move out of his parent's house (without their consent) and rent an apartment in Houston, closer to me. Would he be at risk for getting arrested for "running away" or me for helping him? His parents strongly oppose the relationship. I just want to know if the courts or even the cops would take much action if his parents were to call them. They aren't abusive or anything, they are just really unreasonable. But I was just hoping that the courts would be more lenient since he is almost 18.

Asked on 4/08/10, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Technically, he's a "child" until he's 18; but it's very doubtful that the police would waste their time coming after a "runaway" who's 17 (almost 18).

Read more
Answered on 4/14/10, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Texas