Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Texas

I worked for a major fast-food chain and was not paid for my last 2 weeks of labor (appx. 90 hours). I have tried getting in contact with the management and payroll of the franchise but have been ignored and lied to for the past 3 months. I recently found out from a former co-worker that the management has been cashing the checks of employees who have quit working there and have been depositing them into their own pockets. My question is how do I go about getting the money that I worked for, and am I entitled to any interest, considering that I was relying on that money to pay for bills and other expenses while I was looking for another job (I moved out of state)?

Asked on 10/27/11, 1:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You need to contact the Texas Workforce Commission:

Read more
Answered on 10/28/11, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Texas