Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

If my child has a lawsuit pending can she borrow money against her suit

Asked on 4/15/13, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

I am assuming that you, acting as next friend for the child, want to borrow money against the child's case. The lender risks losing this money if the child's portion of a settlement gets paid into the registry of the court. If your child's damages are signficant, then the money will be set aside until the child reaches 18. No one will want to lend money in such a case. If the child's damages are slight, then the insurance company will probably pay the money to you for the chld. In such a case, you might be able to find someone to lend you some money.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas