Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Was hurt in Utah but I Live In Texas

How long do i have to sue someone that something happened a little over 2 yrs this pass Oct. 29th? I have contacted lawyers in Utah and they want me to pay for them to come and see me. Put them up in a hotel and pay for a rental car and other expenses. My injury is getting worst and have put money out of the 2 yrs for my back. I need some advise about what to do if it isn't too late for me.

Asked on 12/12/07, 2:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Was hurt in Utah but I Live In Texas

The statute of limitations on most injury cases is 2 years from the date of the accident. some states have shorter time limits. I don't know what UT is, but it sounds like you waited too long. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/07, 2:58 pm

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Re: Was hurt in Utah but I Live In Texas

Generally, the time limit for personal injury cases is 2 years. If you incident occurred more than two years ago, you may have waited to long to bring this action. If my law firm can assist you with this legal matter or any other legal issue, please contact my legal assistant Jennifer ([email protected]).

Read more
Answered on 12/12/07, 3:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas