Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

slip and fall

i had fallen on a resturant establishment.. about a week aago it was rainy and noone was there .. i thought i had cracked my tailbone. becuse i had broken it a year ago so i went to the er and it wasnt brokenfortunley except now i have a high bill should i speak out and ask them to help me with themedical bill?

Asked on 12/05/07, 9:58 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: slip and fall

yes..many businesses have accident policies for $1000 to $5000 but if more, they may deny as it is hard for one to prove the owner knew the dangerous condition was there..

Read more
Answered on 12/05/07, 10:13 pm

Pasquale Calcagno Calcagno & Associates, PLLC

Re: slip and fall

You should certainly pursue payment with the establishment if you feel their negligence caused you to fall. But I would hire an attorney to do the negotiating for you, not contact them yourself as they may use your discussions against you. Premises cases are many times very complicated. Contact me toll free at 1(800)WE-FIGHT for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/07, 1:46 am
Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

Re: slip and fall

Did you fall outside in the rain? Were you there with the intention of going to the restaurant or for some other purpose? There are other questions as well which a lawyer will want to ask. Contact a lawyer to discuss your case in more detail to see whether or not you have a viable claim.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/07, 9:39 am
David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Re: slip and fall

It couldn't hurt for you to make a claim. It's a problem that you didn't file a report at the time of the incident. The standard for a slip in fall in Texas is very, very high, and insurance companies know this. However, many places have a small no-fault policy that can help with the bills. If you can prove you fell there, you may be able to collect. I'd recommend your speaking with an attorney, as many (if not all) injury attorneys will discuss your case for free, and won't charge unless they collect for you. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/07, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas