Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Medical Claim

Early this year I was rear ended by a municipal vehicle/driver. Since then, I have been diagnosed with a herniated disc. I have had numerous medical bills and can only expect those bills to continue as this is not going to vanish. What is a fair amount to cover such an injury?

Asked on 8/14/08, 6:40 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Re: Medical Claim

Based on what you have written, it appears that you may have a claim against the municipality. Municipalities are sometimes difficult to get settlements from unless a lawsuit is filed. You can always file the lawsuit pro se (by yourself), but it is wise to have a local personal injury law firm assist you with making any claim. As for the "fair amount" to cover such an injury; that would be dependent upon what injuries you develop from the accident. Additionally, will you require any future medical assistance to make you whole. These figures are based upon your specific case facts. If my local personal injury law firm can assist you with this legal issue or any other legal matter, please contact my legal assistant Jennifer ([email protected]) to arrange for a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/08, 1:27 pm

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

Re: Medical Claim

Making a claim against a municipality is extremely difficult. It will likely be unwilling to pay you anything or offer you only a very small settlement unless you file a lawsuit. Accordingly, you need an attorney.

You should hire a board certified personal injury lawyer. If I can help, please let me know.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/08, 7:10 pm
Dan Street Street Law Firm

Re: Medical Claim

Oftentimes people will give you an off-the-cuff opinion on what your case is worth without really being able to back up their opinion. Honestly, anyone who gives you an answer to that question with only the limited amount of information you have provided is not being honest with you. The value of your case depends upon many factors: (1) the amount of your medical bills; (2) the injuries you suffered; (3) the kinds of medical care you have received already; (4) the medical care your doctor says you will need in the future, and the amount of money that care will cost; (5) the amount of damage to your car; (6) whether you have surgery; (7) how much residual disability you are left with after you reach maximum medical recovery; and many, many other factors that can only be determined by a competent personal injury attorney with many years' experience. Please review the qualifications of the attorneys you are considering and choose one soon so that he or she may move your case on toward resolution.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/08, 9:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas