Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

I was a passenger in a vehicle that was hit. I want to know what my rights are. I want to seek medical attention for the pain in my neck and shoulders but I do not have insurance. Please help!

Asked on 10/19/11, 1:56 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

If u are hurt, go to ER at any hospital. then see a lawyer or go to a clinic which accepts injured people..but no medical treatment then no money for injury

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 2:21 pm
David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

You may have rights, as a passenger cannot be negligent. If the at fault driver has insurance, then you can make a claim against that insurance company for your injuries. If the at fault doesn't have insurance, but you have full coverage, then you can make a claim against your own policy, in most circumstances. You should contact a lawyer and discuss your case. Most personal injury lawyers will give you a free consultation (myself included). I suggest you interview a few to see which one you like best.


For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 2:35 pm
Tanja Martini The Martini Law Firm, PC

First thing, you said you are hurting so you should seek medical attention right away, even if you do not have health insurance.

Next, you have a right to file a claim for money damages against the at fault driver, even if it was the driver of the car you were in. If you are missing work because of your injuries from the car wreck, you may be able to recover your lost wages.

We offer free consultations and welcome your call or e-mail.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 9:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas