Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Do we have to agree?

My mother is in a nursing home and has a house that was willed to her by my father. The house is in my mothers name. She wants to sell the house to help pay for the cost of the nursing home. Do my brother and I have to agree with this? And do we have to sign ant thing stateing that?

Asked on 5/24/04, 10:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Maun Lawrence J. Maun, P.C.

Re: Do we have to agree?

It is your mother's house. Assuming she is competent, she can do what she wants with it. She does not need your signature. Larry Maun 713.266.2560

Read more
Answered on 5/24/04, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas