Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Texas

My little sister was offered a management position almost immediatly after being hired due to her managers sexual interest in her. After she declined to have sex with him, not only is he treating her badly at work but has also stopped her management training as well as told her he does not think it is a good idea for her to work there anymore. Is there anything we can do to stop this? We live in a very small town and all this has made life for her very difficult. She is getting to the point where she is ready to just up and leave to escape.

Asked on 1/28/14, 3:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

In a small town, you're likely to have trouble getting a lawyer to take a sexual harassment suit on a contingent-fee basis.

In any case, you'll need solid evidence. Remember that the sexual harasser always denies it, just like the pedophile.

Your daughter should consider getting a small recorder, like the one shown here:

I have one, and it works amazingly well.

In Texas, it is legal to secretly record one's own conversations. One is NOT allowed to record a conversation if one isn't a part of the conversation; in other words, it's illegal for me to hide a recording device in your living room and then drive home. But if we sit at the kitchen table and talk, I can record us without your knowledge or permission.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/14, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Texas