Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

In my divorce, I agreed to pay back taxes owed to keep my ex spouse free from making payments. The IRS is holding his tax refund due to taxes owed. Am I legally responsible to repay his tax refund that will be held by the IRS?

Asked on 2/10/14, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Yes. Your decree probably contains "hold harmless" language: if he is forced to pay any debt that was "assigned" to you, you are required to reimburse him.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/14, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas