Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

My parents passed away 5 years ago. I am living in their house. I am more than 75 % disabled. No wills regarding home from either parent. I am the only child and heir. The property taxes are three years behind and I can neither afford and attorney or the taxes. Please help.

Asked on 1/21/13, 4:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

I suggest that you contact your taxing authority (it's probably a central appraisal district) and set up a payment plan.

Eventually you'll want to get the house titled in your name. This will involve an affidavit of heirship and the activities of a lawyer. Find one who will work with you on getting paid.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/13, 6:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas