Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

my father passed & my sister made executor. i was not informed of anything that went on from the reading of the will to what was in my trust. all i received was a copy of the will. i inherited the house i have been living in and it has been paid for for years. my father has always taken care of me financially, paid all utilities & made sure my needs were met. my sister has always resented this relationship. now as executor she is saying my trust money will be used to pay ONLY the electric, water and gas bills monthly and i will not get any cash except $100 per month! I have needed things such as a refrigerator and washer and other things but she refuses to give me any money whatsoever.I have never received any other documents such as a copy of the trust, etc. and she has never informed me of any activity or statements about whats happening to my money. now the money is gone and she didnt even give me any notice it was running low. now i have no money and my property taxes are due and my utilities are shut off for nonpayment. i am destitute and she will not help me even though she is financially stable. i cannot even get a loan on my home or sell it because she is still trustee? what are my options? i need help

Asked on 8/01/13, 2:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

If you are not disabled, you could go to the probate court clerk and read the will and trust, which may be filed, and you could ask for a local lawyer to review the facts. good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/02/13, 7:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas