Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My mother has a living trust, she died in Dec. of last year. She left her home to all five of her children, four of them want to rent it out and I don't. They all live in California and I live in Texas. I would like to get a legal partition but not sure of the process and cost, and equal important, if so must show up in court.

Asked on 3/07/16, 5:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arthur Geffen Arthur H. Geffen, P.C.

Everything will depend on where the real estate is located. IF in California, California law controls and so do its courts. If its Texas then the opposite. You will need to be present. The cost is dependent on which state and how your siblings will fight.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/16, 8:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas