Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

Impairment rating

My husband was injured at work, and his dr says he has reached max med improvement. The dr told him he would have to be on pain med the rest of his life and wouldnt be able to return to his current job because of weight limitations. He is unable to lift more than 30 lbs and the dr says he has to have 5 breaks an hr,and that supposedly there is nothing else that can be done. at 1st he kept saying,surgery, injections and internal stimulator might help but now he says it wont help because he has scar tissue from prior surgerys. also the dr gave him all these restrictions but gave him an impairment rating of 0.So of coure they stoped his work comp checks and he cant go back to the employer because they want him back only when hes 100% better,which the dr says will be never. Is there anything that can be done regarding the impairment ratings, and getting a second opinion to see if he can have a surgery or injections to help with the pain He is having to walk with a cane,and has a lot of pain every day.

Asked on 5/13/07, 9:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Manus Manus Law Office

Re: Impairment rating

We may be able to assist you, but will need more information. The Impairment rating must be disputed within 90 days, therefore, time is important. Please contact us.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/07, 11:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas