Legal Question in Banking Law in United Kingdom

I paid a cheque into my local branch of my bank on the 08/03/2011 and they have now informed me that they have lost the cheque what can I do about this as they said that it is down to me to find where this cheque is.

Asked on 6/07/11, 11:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arent Lievens Advocates Lievens & Lievens

If you can get the bank to confirm that in writing, you can contact the drawer of the cheque to make out a new one.

But definitely make a written complaint to the bank. And if not satisfactory, contact the banking ombudsman (

Read more
Answered on 6/07/11, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in United Kingdom