Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in United Kingdom

what can i do about a neighbour that keeps on banging on the walls at stupid times like 8:00pm to 09:00am. she is a single mum so its not that. i have 2 children that are in bed by 7:30pm. we are getting very stressed with our kids and with each other please help!!

Asked on 2/02/10, 3:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Asif Salam Salam & Co Solicitors

Have you tried discussing the matter with her, informally and politely? This is often the best way to deal with a matter like this, rather than involving a third party.

If she does not respond reasonably, then, there are other options. If you live in a flat/apartment block, you could discuss the matter with the person in charge of the building.

If nothing else works and she is just doing it to annoy your family, then it may be worth going to see a solicitor and asking him to write her an official letter of complaint. Often people will get scared easily if faced with the prospect of solicitors becoming involved in such a matter.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in United Kingdom