Legal Question in Entertainment Law in United Kingdom



A company I am producing a promotional video for wants commercial music clips in the video to spice it up. How can I protect myself against any future claims arising out of copyright laws?

Thank you


Asked on 9/13/07, 7:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Howard Richard Howard & CO

Re: Waiver

Depending on who is distributing the Video a licence needs to be obtained from PRS/MCPS to clear the music you are using. If you leave it to the company to clear you need to take an indemnity from them thy they will pay any and all damages incurred by you arising out of the use of the clips. It is still better to ensure that the clearances are in place however because your client company may not be worth the indemnity

Read more
Answered on 9/13/07, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in United Kingdom