Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Utah


I am a musical artist. I own a shot glass that I purchased at a store. I have a photograph of that shot glass that I want to use as artwork on my music album. Is this a copyright infringement or can I use my photo?

Asked on 3/23/09, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: Copyright

If the design on the shot glass is copywrited, you can use it, but only if you give credit to the copyright holder somewhere in your album cover-document.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/09, 4:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Utah