Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Utah

If my Dad's will stated a 45/45/10 split of his financial holdings and my brother is the executor, can he make the decision to divide it equally? And, since there was no specifics in the will about personal belongings, who is entitled to them?

Asked on 5/30/13, 8:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Brother can propose to the heirs a different split, if all agree, then a stipulation can be presented to the court for the judge to decide. Generally the judge will approve such an arrangement.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 9:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Utah