Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Virginia

if i have a final judgment rendered by a state general district court and circuit court and the parties that lost fail to adhere to the said judgment,what steps must i take to secure that judgment? i am owed monies over a four year period including attorney fees that are in access over 10,000 dollars. i reside in virginia and i have a legal contract that specifically states my claim as well as a certification of eligibility of said benefits. i have been denied before, during and after the said judgment.

Asked on 9/01/10, 7:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You must locate the assets of your judgment debtors which may

be their wages, bank accounts, which you can garnish or real property

which can be encumbered by a lien recorded in the land records

of the circuit court in the jurisdiction where the property is located.

There could also be other kinds of property either in the possession of

your judgment debtors or to which they have legal title which could be subject to attachment but the above assets are likely the ones that you should first target in order to enforce your judgment.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/10, 8:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Virginia