Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Virginia

my friends dad

my question is that ''can my friends dad sue my friend for $400 for his graduation pictures that his dad payed for?''

Asked on 5/13/08, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: my friends dad

Dad suing son for the cost of graduation pictures?

Sure, the dad could sue, but if the son is (or was) a minor at the time he agreed to pay for the graduation pictures, he could disaffirm as such a minor(meaning reject)whatever agreement there may have been between him and his dad for the son to pay for these pictures, and he would be "off the hook", legally speaking, for any obligation to pay for them.

If the above matter ended up in court and the above had occured(son disaffirming) the judge would likely rule for the son and dismiss the father's case.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/08, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Virginia