Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Virginia

I have an question that I need some advice on please. I was find by the court found sufficient evidence and deferred the case. I on probation for two years and I have to do an class that is Defendant shall complete a Violence Intervention program as directed by the PO I have done that the class that I am taking ends tonight.

Now the Po is saying that I have to take another class because I did an assessment screen for Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) and, if the defendant meets the placement criteria, shall successfully complete MRT.

My question is that the class is on an Monday night from 5pm to 6:30pm I think that what my PO said to me. I am starting an new job and the hours are from 4pm until 2 am Monday thru Friday. I was told that I can go in front of the Judge and ask for this to be remove and I would like to do that but I don't know how. I was told that I can do it my self but I don't want to go over to the courts and then I can't get it remove so I would like to see if you can explain to me what I need to do to see how to get this remove so I can start work and that way I can not have to do this class. I don't know what this class is about or anything else on this matter. So if someone can explain on what I will need to go over to the courts and ask for and maybe what I would have to but down on the paper.

Asked on 6/20/13, 7:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Based upon your question as phrased and your apparent difficulty with

English grammar, I would highly recommend that you retain the services of an

attorney if at all possible to file this motion in your behalf in order to get this matter back before the court for a possible amendment of your sentence.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 3:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Virginia