Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Virginia

Filed Chapter 13 in summer and now my father's estate has been settled. Can I receive the proceeds?

Asked on 12/14/10, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

You need to disclose the inheritance to the trustee and court. It depends on the dates of filing and of your father's death and the amounts involved. You need to go over this with your lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/10, 1:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Virginia