Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

my child support case was continued several times then back dated to original file date. So I started out with $3500 in arrearages. Per a court ordered financial agreement I pay $150/mth on top of current payments to go towards arrearages. I have not missed or been late with any payments. The child support agency in VA has put it on my PERFECT credit report as an "adverse-in collections" status and refuse to correct it even with proof of the court ordered arrangements. This is having a major negative impact in all areas of my life, including my career. What are my legal rights? Can I bring a civil action for damages??

Asked on 9/29/13, 3:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Until ALL of your arrearages have been paid up, I suspect that there is

no legal requirement that anything needs to be changed on what you describe

as your "PERFECT credit report" as it currently stands.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia