Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I have a debt that I am paying for my sisters husbands funeral. I assumed that she made payment and she had not. I signed the paperwork for the funeral because she was unable to due to her mental state. It was over 6 years old when I was taken to court by the lawyer that took over the collection. The original bill was $2433.66 I have been paying this off for over a year now and thought that I should be close to having it paid, that is what my record show. So I ask for a statement from the lawyer so I can be sure that we showing the same amount still due. Well I got the statement which shows he has now added $2,700. in interest over the last year. Is there anything that I can do about this interest? There was never any mention of interest when I agreed to make payments to him.

Asked on 1/06/12, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Moseley Law Office of Cary Powell Moseley, PLLC

You should have an attorney review this matter with you.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/12, 9:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia