Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I defaulted on my primary mortgage loan as well as my second one, it seems they have forgotten about the first one but collectors are suing for the second one. Now I have to file a plead in proper legal form. What should I plead as and how can I do it?

Asked on 4/05/13, 10:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Better arrange for at least a consultation with a Virginia attorney who has some experience with defending against foreclosures in the Commonwealth and who should be able to impart some worthwhile advice regarding the situation you've mentioned.

Dena M. Rhoudybush at in Fairfax is one Virginia

attorney who may be able to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/13, 12:13 pm

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

You may want to consider filing bankruptcy. Otherwise, once they get a judgment, they will be able to garnish wages and bank accounts and levy on assets. Bankruptcy may allow you to strip off and discharge the second and cure the arrears on the first.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/13, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia