Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

My husband and I worked for a Dance Studio for years. Our daughter attended there, and everything we made went to pay for her dance lessons. Over the years we have built up a credit. This year my daughter decided not to attend anymore. The owener stated she would pay us the credit balance. She owed us $2600, she paid a $1000 right off, however, she hasn't paid the $1600 and will not answer or return phone calls or emails about it. What legal action should we take to receive the $1600?

Asked on 1/04/10, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Sue her in small claims court for the remaining $1600 provided that you have

the evidence necessary to prove your case against her.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/10, 6:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia