Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

my student loan was turned over to a collection agency. I made an agreement to repay every month.

They have now come back and said that the agreement was not going to be honored unless I filled out papers showing my income etc. Is it legal for a collection agency to demand someont to fill out financial papers?

Asked on 12/17/09, 5:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, of course; how else would they be able to assess a debtor's ability to pay?

Read more
Answered on 12/22/09, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia