Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

If a judge has represented me in the past as my attorney.( 2 years ago) and I came in front of that same person now the judge. would that person the judge have to recuse themself from the case .

In the state if Virginia USA.

Asked on 7/23/10, 6:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Erin Ranney Erin L. T. Ranney, PLLC

Generally they should want to if they remember who you are. They would want to avoid the "appearance of impropriety".

Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia