Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

I live in richmond Virginia and was charged with underage consumption of alcohol and criminal trespassing. I trespassed into a construction but destroyed no property or anything of that nature. I'm 19, in college, make good grades, and this is my first offense. What should I expect from the court session and what sort of punishments may I receive?

Asked on 4/15/13, 1:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Go see the prosecutor assigned to your case on the morning scheduled

for your hearing and as a first time offender tell him or her

that you're interested in getting the deferred disposition as described in

Va. Code Sec. 4.1-305F, i.e., probation with conditions and the possibility

of having your case closed after a year without a record of conviction if

you successfully complete the terms of the probation.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 8:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia