Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia

public swearing/intoxigation

my daughter was arrested for public swearing/intoxigation. should she get a lawyer and go to court or just pay the fine? also she was told that they video taped her when the took her to prison? why would they do that? also they had her sign papers when she first got there instead of waiting until she know what she was signing to? is that legal? she was at a football game. not driving. I just didn't know which area of law this falls under.

thank you,

Asked on 11/03/07, 4:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: public swearing/intoxigation

Given all that you've described, I would recommend that your daughter get an attorney to represent her in this matter in order to maximize her chances of emerging from this incident with minimum consequences.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/07, 12:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia